Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tracker Video Analysis of Falling


This was a simple assignment until I came across the part that required me to hit the "plots" button which I could not find anywhere on the program. The help file was of no use either, as it assumed I could find the button. I instead used the Data Tool to graph the data and while I could not find how to specify which data I wanted it to visualize, the resulting graph seemed vaguely correct.

The reference video used was what I shot last semester for my brick drop animation in Art 28. The frame rate of the file was 29 FPS.

1 comment:

  1. Actually you plotted the sideways motion (x) not the vertical motion (y). Next time shoot me an e-mail and I'll try to answer your question if you run across a problem. Or try your classmates. You'll be using Tracker in the next assignment so if you still don't know the Plots button is on the upper right corner. See it? If not, let me know.
    15 points

    ReplyDelete